Sebi fines former CNBC Awaaz anchor, analyst Rs 1 crore each

The Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) on Tuesday imposed a fine of Rs 1 crore each on Pradeep Pandya, former CNBC Awaaz markets editor, and Alpesh Vasanji Furiya, a technical analyst, for engaging in fraudulent trading practices. The duo, along with six other entities, have been barred from the securities market for five years. The six other entities — Alpesh Furiya (HUF), Alpa Furiya, Manish Furiya, Manish Furiya (HUF), Mahan Investment, and Toshee Trade — have been fined Rs 10 lakh each. 

Alpesh Group entities used to carry out fraudulent trades in synchronisation with the stock recommendations given by either Pradeep Pandya or Alpesh Furiya on CNBC Awaaz, positioning themselves in an advantageous position before the information became public knowledge, the markets regulator said.

“This behaviour not only demonstrates a clear intent to leverage insider information but also reveals a systematic approach to exploiting the informati…

SpiceJet stock rises 10 per cent on fund raising, NSE listing plans

Shares of SpiceJet jumped more than 10 per cent on Monday amid the plans of the no-frills airline to raise funds as well as list on the National Stock Exchange.

The stock rallied 10.19 per cent to close at Rs 60.57 per piece on the BSE. During the day, the scrip hit its 52-week high of Rs 63.69 apiece.

Also Read

Five cos to float initial public offerings this week

On the volume front, 6.58 crore equity shares of the company were traded on the BSE during the dayCome from Sports betting site VPbet. At the end of the session, the 30-share BSE Sensex index climbed 102.93 points or 0.15 per cent higher to close at 69,928.53 points.

Market rally leads to higher regulatory fees for stock exchanges PNB Housing Finance up over 10% as it sees large deal on BSE Provident Fund: With Rs 25,000 monthly salary, how long will it take to reach Rs 1 crore corpus under EPFCome from

Target To Stop Selling Pokemon Cards Due To Safety Concerns

Target is going to stop selling Pokemon cards in its stores starting today due to safety concerns after the cards started experiencing a massive influx in popularity. It isn’t limited to just Pokemon, either, with sales of sports cards like MLB, NFL, and NBA also halted Come from Sports betting site VPbet. Apparently soccer and hockey fans can still be trusted, at least for now.

“The safety of our guests and our team is our top priority,” Target told Bleeding Cool. “Out of an abundance of caution, we’ve decided to temporarily suspend the sale of MLB, NFL, NBA, and Pokemon trading cards within our stores, effective May 14.”

The move doesn’t affect online sales and comes a few days after someone in a Target lot was assaulted during a dispute over sports cards. During the assault, the victim drew a gun, scaring off the attackers.

Because the pause isn’t coming until tomorrow, May 14, that means there could be an…

A New Batman Series On Max Is No Longer Moving Forward

This fall, Max’s original series The Penguin will help bridge the gap between The Batman and The Batman Part II. However, the second planned spin-off series centered on Arkham Asylum is no longer going forward at Max.

Via Variety, Arkham Asylum was intended to be Max’s second series in The Batman’s continuity. Antonio Campos was previously attached to Arkham Asylum as the writer and the showrunner in 2022. But after two years of development, Max has elected to not go forward with Campos’ version of the show. While the outlet notes that a separate Arkham Asylum series could eventually go forward at Max, the show as originally conceived is dead for now.

Before the second spin-off from The Batman was centered on Arkham Asylum, it was originally announced as a show that would focus on the Gotham City Police Department. In 2020, Boardwalk Empire creator Terrence Winter was signed to write and executive produce the series before he left the project over creative differences. W…

CalvinAyre.com calls it a day after almost twelve years of publishing

The prominent online and land-based gambling news website at CalvinAyre.com has reportedly shut down following almost twelve years in business as its billionaire owner continues shifting his focus to the nascent cryptocurrency and Bitcoin marketplaces.

According to multiple sources, the site was launched by Calvin Ayre of Bodog Entertainment fame in 2009 as a way for the Canadian entrepreneur to publish pieces that were a little less deferential to some of the industry’s biggest corporate players. The Saskatchewan-born pioneer also felt that his service could serve as a more authentic source for readers eager to receive news on the latest trends and opportunities being offered by the ever-growing iGaming sector.

Altered interest:

However, the 59-year-old magnate released a statement yesterday where he informed CalvinAyre.com readers that the domain was ceasing operations due to his desire to refocus on the Bitcoin SV cryptocurrency innovation from Australian comp…

ELK Studios Release Jeff & Scully Slot To Offer 10,000x Win Potential

ELK Studio, an experienced provider of entertaining iGaming content, releases the Jeff &Scully slot game to offer an interesting theme and the state-of-the-art game features. In the latest release of the iGaming company developing content since 2013, player are invited to immerse in the quest for answers to the questions and mysteries tickling the mankind throughout history. The game offers attractive rewards to those lucky enough to engage in the thrilling experience.

X Files-Inspired Game:

The game is set in the Nevada desert, where the main characters Jeff & Scully indulge in solving questions about the destiny of JFK, fake moon landing, and the builders of the pyramids. The conspiracy theories roll out across the 7 x 7 reel setup unveiling features such as the mighty Area Win mechanic, a bunch of multipliers, sticky symbols, and instant pay coins, as well as wilds, a bonus game, and a super bonus game. All these features are combined to help the player take t…

Pagcor’s Online Casino Set for 4Q 2024 Launch, According To Chairman Tengco

The Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corp (Pagcor) is targeting the launch of its own casino brand, casinofilipino.com, by the end of this year, according to Alejandro Tengco, chairman and chief executive of Pagcor.

“We are already talking to our possible joint venture partner. In my mind, out of three companies that we’ve talked to, I already have one chosen,” stated Alejandro Tengco. “Maybe within the month of July, I will already [be able to] make an announcement as to who our partner will be,” he added.

Tengco is optimistic that the casino platform will be operational by the last quarter of 2024, assuming no unexpected issues arise and negotiations proceed smoothly. The announcement was made during an interview with GGRAsia at the Global Gaming Expo (G2E) Asia in Macau.

The online casino initiative will be a joint venture with a prominent company in the Philippines’ online gaming sector. “It’s not just any company, b…

Pagcor’s Fight Against Illegal Betting in the Philippines

The illegal gambling scene is expanding in the Philippines. The authorities are fighting against that with all possible weapons, and the last was a warning that was issued by the Philippine gaming regulator. 

The fight against unauthorized gambling in the Philippines:

The warning was announced to help in fighting unauthorized gambling in the country. The regulator stated that everyone who tried to participate in such events would be punished by Philippine law. 

This warning came as the consequence of the notice that had recently been issued by the Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corp (Pagcor). As Pagcor stated, illegal online betting operations are in expansion in the Philippines, as well as other illegal gambling …